Tuesday, December 4, 2018

My favorite Dude Ranch and Story From Colorado


If you enjoy riding horses, exploring mountain sides, fly fishing, skeet shooting, cattle driving, spring spa retreats, zip lining, meeting new people, laughing and great food, I have the perfect place to recommend to you! Bar Lazy J Ranch in Parshall, Colorado.
I first visited the ranch in 2007 on a recommendation from a friend, and let me tell you I was not disappointed. As a matter of fact, I vowed to return with my then boyfriend now husband, so he may enjoy the venue as well. Unfortunately, it took us a little longer to return than I had intended. Eleven years to be exact, but the ranch did not disappoint. It's still the best outdoor vacation experience I have ever had, and now my husband agrees. A fun story about our last trip there, in September 2017. My husband, who had been holding on to my engagement ring for 11 years, ended up proposing to me along the Colorado River (see picture below)
because he felt it was the right place and time. I have to admit, I was a little shocked he had been holding on to the ring for such a long time, but the timing and the place was perfect! And talk about a warming reception. The Bar Lazy J Guest Ranch jumped into action and announced our engagement to all the guest making the evening celebrations all about us! It was unplanned, but turned out perfect!
Back to the ranch activities, the mountain trails are simply amazing, and any photos will not do them justice. The skeet shooting was a blast!...(lol, get it?). The zip lining over the Colorado River was exhilarating and there's so much more I can tell you about, but you really need to go check it out for yourselves.
 Please check out their website https://barlazyj.com/ and feel free to contact me for further details as well. Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearts in North Carolina

Hearts in North Carolina Cashiers, NC Our wedding ceremony spot We have been traveling to North Carolina from Florida fo...